To ensure effective management & coordination of front office operations, and handle all administrative duties at the Company.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- As the face of the company, represent Company in a professional manner by providing warm & courteous greetings & welcome remarks to all the people who call or visit Company offices.
- Operate the switch board & ensure all calls & messages are directed to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
- Manage the front desk by handling administrative duties, providing excellent customer care services to both internal & external customers.
- Maintain an effective record management system for all company documents, supplier & customer contacts, group offices, regulators, government and any other key stakeholders’ information relevant for smooth business operations.
- Ensure that delivery of all information received including contact details are forwarded to the appropriate staff member.
- Direct all visitors to the necessary offices or person to be seen.
- Manage day-to-day calendar and activities for the Company and assist in business planning and time management.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and activities for the Company.
- Work closely with the management team to facilitate communication and ensure timely and efficient information flow to and from all offices
- Handle all requests within personal expertise limit and refer to the appropriate member of staff.
- Process courier deliveries and mail , ensure all courier packages are securely delivered to the correct person.(apply receipt acknowledgement stamp on delivery)
- Ensure staff members are provided with swift and professional administrative support services in a timely manner. (Including conference bookings, scheduling meetings).
- Ensure that all office equipment (e.g. the photocopier) is in good working order at all times and communicate any faulty equipment to the IT or Administration Department
- Update all telephone extension lists, email addresses, fax numbers and details of relevant personnel.
- Regularly monitor the use of office supplies and equipment.
- Supervise the cleaning services and ensure that the entire office area is maintained in a tidy & hygienic state at all times.
- Perform any other duties as may be required
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Admin. Assistant is required to undertake their official responsibilities and to conduct themselves in all matters relating to their employment, in accordance with:-
- Company policies and procedures
- The laws of the Republic of Uganda.
- In line with Company’s value system and culture
- KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any business related course
At least a minimum of 2 years administrative experience
Approachable and demonstrates professionalism
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Exhibits professionalism and sound judgment
Excellent interpersonal skills
Good customer service skills
Adapts well in a new environment
Works well under pressure
Ability to multitask
Good planning and organizational skills
Works well independently and as part of a team
Time and task management skills;
Computer literacy skills
Person of high Integrity
Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality