|REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Responsible for the implementation of accounting policies and procedures, day to day supervision of the Accounts team, preparation of management & financial reports & Statutory accounts, coordination of the reporting. Overall responsibility for all transactions pertaining to the General Ledger.
|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare daily Accounting records and Journal entries.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Review and processing expense invoices.
- Review and validate revenue invoices.
- Collection follow up of account receivables.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of the company
- Manage the implementation of Statutory accounting policies
- Coordination & implementation of the month end closing procedures to ensure timely and accurate closing of the General Ledger & generation of month end reports.
- Preparation & submission of the month end & quarter end reports to Managing Director
- Jointly manage the annual Budgeting process – preparation of the submisiion files and coordinating review with the various cost centre heads
- Preparation of the required schedules for the statutory audit
- Preparation of the annual statutory audited financial statements
- Responsibility for preparation/review of the various balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for coordination of petty cash and cash receipts counts
- Quarterly computation and accounting for stock provision according to Company Accounting policy
- Control of the Accounting module
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the monthly VAT, WHT and the annual Income Tax returns.
- Advising the the Managing Director on any matters impacting the financial operations of the Company
- Any other duties assigned by the Managing Director
| KEY INTERACTIONS
- Statutory & Regulatory Authorities (e.g. URA)
Advanced understanding of financial and accounting processes, cash management and control processes
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a strong team player
- Ability to provide good customer service and establish good working relationships with other staff.
- Independent thinker with the highest level of integrity
- BA Business, Finance or Accounting equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- Chartered Certified Accountant – ACCA or CPA
- 5+ years’ experience in the same field.
- Fully aware of the Country Taxation Laws
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized accounting systems
- Expert user of computer applications especially Microsoft office applications