GENERAL MANAGER – CLEARING & FORWARDING
|DIRECT REPORTING TO : Managing Director
LINE REPORTING: Resident Director
Direct Reports : Manager Field Operations, Manager Customer Care, Manager HR & Admin,
|JOB PURPOSE: Supervises middle management team managers and oversee the Logistics department. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and disciplining lower-level managers and employees, as well as coaching and mentoring lower-level managers.
As general manager, you will create incentives for employees and evaluate your department’s efficiency and productivity. Additionally, as the general manager, you will collaborate with company executives to develop strategic plans for business growth based on short-term and long-term goals, communicate those goals to your team, and guide them to success.
|KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS|
|· Oversee day-to-day business operations
· Set up an efficient clearing and forwarding unit within the company.
· Provide leadership at all levels of the organization
· Communicate and embody the company vision and values
· Build up the company by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and mentoring new talent
· Define and implement policies and performance standards
· Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed
· Assess departmental and company performance and devise plans for improvement
· Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues
· Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, marketing, and personnel
· Ensure all regulatory requirements to engage in clearing and forwarding business are met.
· Identify opportunities to grow and source for clients.
· Negotiate with shipping lines, airlines, transporters and agents.
· Manage customer relationships.
· Oversee the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure timely delivery of services.
· Hands-on in maintaining operational excellence, lead the response to tenders and RFQ’s, and win new clients.
· Responsible for operational execution in the key sectors – travel in-country and to group network
· Streamline operational processes and SOP’s
· Responsible for the budget, business plan, reporting and general management of the office.
· Motivate and drive the group for achieving set targets
· Develop personal relationships with high value accounts
· Ensure KPI’s of freight operations are met for achieving productivity results
· Network with group for expanding trade lanes volumes