Position: Head Of Corporate Banking
Department: Corporate Banking
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
To create, implement, drive, and monitor a Corporate Banking strategy focused on
client growth and product solution leadership and facilitation.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of a fit for purpose Corporate Banking Strategic plan that’s
cognizant with the critical business segments.
• Oversee, enable, and facilitate Corporate Banking Sales and Business growth in terms
of liabilities, assets, product offerings and uptake.
• Ensure that all corporate client servicing processes are compliant to Audit, Risk and
Control requirements by strict adherence, implementation of all recommendations and
closing out queries.
• Lead the development and improvement of Products, their pricing, analysis, and
marketing to improve the bank’s value proposition.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with key decision-makers in chambers,
government, business associations, international businesses, international
manufacturing organizations and manufacturers associations to understand their current
and future needs and deliver suitable financial products.
• Build and maintain SLA based strategic relationships with Support and enabling
functions within the organization to enable timely and appropriate service to clients.
• Promote and maintain the highest standards of customer service in order to maximize
the returns from existing relationships and attract new business from targeted
• Post Graduate Qualification in Accounting & Finance, Economics, Business
Administration, or related fields
• 10 years+ experience in Corporate and Institutional Banking; at least 5 years in a
Senior role in Corporate Banking or Credit Risk.
• Deep knowledge of corporate banking principles, methodologies, and practices
• Sound overall financial markets understanding
• Strong business, financial and accounting acumen
• Deal-making skills
• Detailed Credit skills and understanding
• Comprehensive risk management skills encompassing the governance, risk, and
• Strategic thinking, flexing and implementation
• Solution-focused, creative, and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
• Displays high levels of executive maturity, with an ability to influence, negotiate and
• Superb networking and stakeholder engagement skills
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Highly analytical and attentive to detail combined with an ability to think laterally and
• Proactive and Self driven