|JOB TITLE:||Procurement Officer|
|REPORTS TO:||Head of programs||For: Supervision & support on procurement activities.|
To effectively execute the procurement of goods and services in a timely and competitive manner so as to ensure quality control, value for money and timely delivery of program activities as per project plan.
· In line with the coalition work plan, facilitate the overall implementation of the annual procurement plan.
· Implements sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchase of equipment, goods and services.
· Maintaining good supplier relationships with suppliers and negotiates contracts to ensure competitive pricing and value for money.
· Participates in preparation of bid specifications and circulation of bid documents to prospective suppliers with a request for quotation.
· In liaison with the procurement committee, receives Request For Quotations and evaluate them against bid specifications to qualify suppliers that meet the specifications.
· Works with the procurement committee to conduct due diligence on all suppliers and ensure that they meet the compliance requirements.
· coordinate the communication to all successful suppliers and ensures update of the pre-qualified supplier database.
· Coordinate the ordering of goods and services and ensure timely delivery as per agreed contract terms.
· Communicate with management regularly regarding the status of procurement items against the project timelines & requirements.
· Works closely with the company legal representatives to make sure that supplier contracts and terms are favorable.
| KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
| QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, supply chain or related discipline
· Minimum of two years of professional experience in procurement, logistics management
· CIPS Certification is an added advantage.