Strategic project Management
· Participating in project execution strategy and planning.
· Driving innovative solutions and use of technology or tools to deliver work scope in an
· efficient manner.
· Preparing project programs and monitoring project progress against milestones
· Managing resource allocation activities against project schedules.
· Provide report on the status of construction activities to management.
Planning & Monitoring of the project Budgets
· Track project finances while making quick adjustments to accommodate project risks that can cause budget overruns.
· Develop project budgets by analyzing risks that can blow up the scope of the project.
· Overseeing cost control of the project budgets once approved
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
· Building and fostering a relationship with the Client’s engineering manager and ensuring development of an effective working relationship between the project team and the client’s engineering team.
· Oversee the approvals by the regulators as necessary for specifications and drawings of any proposed temporary or permanent works where required.
· Review applications for credit facility(mortgage) in line with the company policy and make appropriate recommendations and decisions
· Ensure regulatory compliance
· Manage relationships with banks, government and other stakeholders
Management of Project Bids and Tenders
· Build a dedicated team to manage bids and drive them strategically
· Review issuance of tenders while ensuring they align with project scope of works and
· client requirements
· Develop bid proposals based on detailed research of clients and their requirements.
Creating construction schedules
· Organize construction scheduling process by employing construction scheduling techniques, such as creating detailed work breakdowns, setting achievable deadlines using Gantt charts, and accommodating unforeseeable events with floats.
· sends out alerts for changes to the schedule, and offers shared dashboards for keeping all stakeholders on the same page.
Contracting and management of sub-contractors
· Ensure transparency in contractual agreements by performing the legwork of vetting subcontractor information before hiring.
· Manage subcontractor performance bonds and default insurance agreements to safeguard the company against litigation cases.
Management of equipment and materials
· Ensure effective procurement of materials and equipment maintenance to prevent unforeseen equipment failures that can otherwise delay projects and inflate budgets
Ensuring compliance with safety regulations
· Ensure compliance to safety training checklist of common hazards such as falls, injuries by objects, and electrocutions by meeting up with on-site team
· Create guidelines to prevent accidents from occurring and conduct site audits to check for any gap in safety standards.
· Ensuring team members’ adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices,
· regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
Perform other program and project support duties as assigned.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
· Government: Compliance to regulations
· Service Providers
KEY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership and motivator
- Communication skills are key to increasing management’s effectiveness with both superiors and subordinates
- Delegation skills are crucial in identifying the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation and mediation skills are necessary in finding opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or other relevant field At least 5 years of experience working for a construction project.
- Must be willing and able to travel to field offices.
- At least 5 years of experience overseeing and managing construction activities in Uganda.
- Experience in project management