| KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the safety, wellness and protection program for HRDs in assessing, developing, and establishing measurable objectives and program content consistent with employee wellness interests and needs as per coalition strategic plan.
- Prepare and monitor program budget and assure appropriate expenditure of funds with detailed record-keeping, accountability and reporting to all funding sources.
- Develop an HRD Code of Conduct handbook and distribute the same to HRDs and networks affiliated to the Coalition.
- Establish multiple criteria, procedures, and instruments for assessing program effectiveness such as developing and disseminating a survey for impact.
- Develop and maintain a database of a network of service providers and liaising with them.
- Maintain clear records and data on all aspects of implementation relating to all general protection, & mobile protection team activities.
- Develop and submit monthly and quarterly program reports to management and the board of trustees respectively.
- Ensure Information and HRD Support Centers are run in line with internationally recognized standards and guidance and a clear link is established with other Coalition activities.
- Ensure effective protection grants management through timely submission of grant requests, coordination of approvals and disbursal of approved grants to the respective beneficiaries.
- Ensure effective management of wellness grants in line with the specific requirements as stipulated by the donor organisations.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues in preparing and conceptualization of project proposals, fundraising for donor funding and implementation of new projects
- Participate in Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using organisation and donor formats, as required.
- Ensuring effective implementation of M&E systems throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Manage the development, planning, marketing and execution of wellness initiatives and programs to reduce health risks, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Take lead in ascertaining the emerging safety and wellness challenges, brainstorm on new, innovative measures and initiatives to address the wellness needs of HRDs.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing data to measure program success on wellness initiatives and compiling an annual comprehensive report that outlines the financial impact of the wellness programs/projects.
Security & Protection
- Lead in Client case management in collaboration with the Head of Programs and ensure proper documentation and support to the HRDs.
- Ensure compliance to protection protocols and policies that govern the management of safety, security and wellness work of the coalition.
- Develop a protection and wellness risk matrix clearly outlining the risk categories and expected mitigation measures, timelines, alerts and follow ups for comprehensive support to HRDs.
- Develop a security and wellness system that will be used by both the HRDs and staff at the Coalition.
Advocacy & Capacity Building
- Engage in various activities with partners to enhance partnerships with stakeholders and visibility of protection work.
- Manage and coordinate security and protection of HRDs and stakeholders. Convene the Protection Working Group and take lead in the coordination.
- Work with Research, Communication and advocacy to Identify the matrix areas in respect to protection and wellness that are pertinent and hence require advocacy.
- Focus on capacity building by conducting trainings for HRDs on safety and security, Code of Conduct and systems, wellness sessions etc.
- Supervise and coach the protection officers to deliver awareness-raising activities for the HRD population on topics such as HRD rights, HRD legislation and responsibilities of HRDs as well as training for relevant state and non-state service providers on HRD law and the rights of HRDs and the responsibilities of the Government.
- Build the capacity of the Protection and Wellness Officers to improve their range of capabilities related to the protection program and its activities.
- Manage employee performance through setting objectives that are aligned to strategic goals, conducting periodic performance reviews to ascertain progress and final annual performance reviews to ensure achievement of Organisation results.
- Clearly define training needs of the general protection team (including Community based volunteers) and lead or support the provision of required training.
- Ensure that monitoring visits respect principles of confidentiality of interviewees and that all incidents reported to the Coalition are handled with due regard to protection principles.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.