Reports to: The Board of Directors
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Executive Director is the key management leader of THE CLIENT. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the association. Other key duties include diversifying revenues sources, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Chairperson and Board of Directors.
1.BOARD GOVERNANCE: Works with board in order to fulfil the association’s mission.
- Responsible for leading THE CLIENT in a manner that supports and guides the association’s mission as defined by the association’s constitution.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for eh Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for advising the Board, which retains decision making and executive powers, and implementing the Board’s directives and decisions.
2.FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE AND VIABILITY: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the association.
- Responsible for developing and identifying other revenues necessary to support THE CLIENT’S mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of THE CLIENT, to include submission to the board of a proposed annual plan budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the association.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within approved budget, ensues maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the association in appositive financial position.
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing any possible funding opportunities that may be beneficial to the association and its members.
- ASSOCIATION MISSION AND STRATEGY: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of THE CLIENT’s programs that carry out the association’s mission
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that THE CLIENT can successfully fulfill its mission into the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of THE CLIENT’s image by being active and visible in the farmer communities and by working closely with other professional, civic and private associations.
- ASSOCIATION OPERATIONS: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the association are appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring and retention of an administrative officer, as approved by the Board.
- Responsible effective administration of THE CLIENT’s operations
- Responsible for signing of all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the Association subject to parameters laid down by the Board of Directors and statutes.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the association
- Supervise, collaborate with the association staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Ensure that proper books f accounts are kept, PAYE, NSSF and other tax, annual returns and legal obligations and completed within a timely manner, and arrange the audit of the associations book an accounts in accordance with the statutes.
- Serve as THE CLIENT’S primary spokesperson to the association’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various associations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance THE CLIENT’s mission
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts
- Oversee association Board and Committee meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Professional Qualifications needed
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At least five years of working experience in agricultural commodity business
At east on year of experience in in handing trade association matters
Experience in Organizational management and control
Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis and decision making and reporting
Excellent interpersonal skills
Good written and oral communication skills.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
THE CLIENT is an equal opportunity employer, with a work culture that allows innovation and self-drive to achieve results.
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions.
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, and indicate in the subject line of the email: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.