Reports to Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports (3) Treasury Dealers & Manager Liquidity
Job Purpose To manage financial markets activities (trading, sales, and research) for the bank through the leadership of the in-country team. Oversees the bank’s in-country treasury operations by assessing, monitoring, planning, and managing the balance sheet and associated risks and playing a key role in generating, evaluating, and making recommendations for the treasury business.
Strategy: Prepare and agree on a Treasury Strategic Business Plan with the Bank CEO that encompasses and supports the Treasury vision.
Sales and Business Growth: Oversee, enable, and facilitate Treasury’s achievement of growth and profitability targets through Sales, taking risks within limits, investing in new revenue streams and acting quickly on opportunities.
Business Development and Control: Support Dealers and Desk Heads to develop strategies for client portfolios, and ensure the achievement of revenue targets and compliance with relevant controls.
Achievement of income and cost objectives: Prepare and implement an in-country Funding Plan and ensure it is sustainable, diversified, efficient, flexible, and underpinned by strong relationships.
Risk and Governance: Ensure that the Treasury function is compliant with Audit, Risk, Control, and regulatory requirements by strict adherence, implementation of all recommendations, and closing out queries.
Stakeholder engagement: Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating excellent abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate, and make presentations at all levels.
Management Information and Reporting: Ensure timely and accurate reporting/Management Information to support business decision-making.
Team Management and Leadership: Take full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g., Recruitment, Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring, and Employee engagement.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Economics, or Business related course
- 10+ years of treasury experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Relationship Management
- Analytical & Reporting Skills
- Market Risk, Liquidity & Capital Management experience
Reports to Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports Marketing & Communications Officer
To provide strategic branding, marketing and communications support to the Bank to enable it to achieve its vision and revenue growth targets.
- Lead the development of a fit for purpose marketing, branding and communication strategy for the organization.
- Execute the annual marketing plan for the organization that includes market research programs, new product launches, events, communications, reporting and budget management.
- Implement/Execute the branding strategy (media campaigns, events, sponsorships CSR) to increase the value and performance of the bank’s products while focusing on developing the brand’s profit and loss performance, image and positioning compared to competitors.
- Implement/execute the public relations strategy (social/digital, print media monitoring, proactive engagements, press releases) to improve the public image of the bank and open up sales avenues.
- Implement/execute the Internal communications strategy (job satisfaction surveys, company information generation and publishing, staff engagements through workshops, newsletters, emails) to improve image and brand of company among its first brand ambassadors (staff).
- Build and maintain SLA based strategic relationships with Support and enabling functions within the organization to enable timely and appropriate service to clients.
- Provide marketing and communications support to the Products Team in development, improvement, testing and launching of Banking Products.
- Take full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g., Recruitment, Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring and Employee engagement
Qualifications & Skills
University Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
5+ years’ experience in a mid-level to senior marketing or corporate communications
Broad knowledge of marketing functions, including brand identity management, advertising and sponsorships, public relations, market intelligence and budget management
Successful track record of delivering measurable marketing results and value for money campaigns
Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
Reports to CEO
Direct Reports (2) Senior Manager CBS, IT Manager ICT
Job Purpose The overall objective of the Head of IT is to drive both ICT strategy, and participate in the development of long term strategy for the future direction of Information Management within The Company; oversee and manage day to day operations of ICT services provision, ensuring that The Company staff and clients have suitable technical resources, applications and support to achieve the Bank’s objectives effectively, securely, and with a competitive and innovative edge compared with other competitors. All of this is to be achieved within reasonable budget constraints.
The role includes interacting with development leads to set guidelines for how applications are deployed and with infrastructure staff to ensure the base platform is maintained to an enterprise level. The role involves the facilitation and coordination of the bank’s in-country IT infrastructure to bridge gaps between people and technology requirements by managing the stability and enhanced usability of applications being used by business, and to provide first line support, incident management and troubleshooting to resolve in-country IT-related issues. The role includes implementing and coordinating the bank’s IT projects.
To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategy in line with stakeholder (country and group) needs and in keeping up with current best practice for the youth sector in the field of IT. Review, align and communicate IT performance, resource, and risk with the banks overall business strategy
To ensure Information technology and management are in compliance with agreed strategy and policy. To ensure that policy and strategy is in compliance with government, legislation and/or regulatory requirements, and internationally accepted standards.
Lead the development of guidelines, standards, policies and procedures and disseminate to technology teams in the bank.
To manage the development and implementation of current and future ICT and business-related technology projects. Specifically, to manage:
The development plans for ongoing integration, upkeep, and improvement of IT systems;
The commissioning of appropriate and cost-effective procurement and contractual arrangements.
The management of project and system dependencies at planning, implementation and support stages;
The sign off of all project management milestones for IT projects.
Role responsibilities include components of: project management, resource management, finance management, quality management, risk and control management and business continuity management
To manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, enduser impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
To manage the relationships with (and between) external vendors and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
To develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of the Bank in the event of major incidents or disasters.
To organize and implement servicing and support of all Banking IT systems to agreed service level standards. In particular
To ensure training is provided on any new information management tools that may be introduced;
To monitor take up and use by staff and stakeholders;
To provide remedial support where necessary;
Takes full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management: recruitment, development, performance management, career pathing, on the job training, coaching and mentoring, and employee engagement within the precincts of the bank’s human resource plan, policies and procedures.
Define performance contracts for staff and monitor their performance against agreed standards and objectives, working with them to grow their skills were needed.
To manage the annual Information Management budget and any associated funds. Specifically to be responsible for the review, audit and prioritization of all information management tools, including (in partnership with the Finance Director) the replacement cycle of information technology hardware.
The incumbent shall be responsible for all strategic and operational decisions within the department.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
Internal: Regular contact with IT staff, Corporate and Branch staff.
External: Regular contact with external vendors, external auditors and regulatory authorities.
Position: Head Of Corporate Banking
Department: Corporate Banking
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
To create, implement, drive, and monitor a Corporate Banking strategy focused on
client growth and product solution leadership and facilitation.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of a fit for purpose Corporate Banking Strategic plan that’s
cognizant with the critical business segments.
• Oversee, enable, and facilitate Corporate Banking Sales and Business growth in terms
of liabilities, assets, product offerings and uptake.
• Ensure that all corporate client servicing processes are compliant to Audit, Risk and
Control requirements by strict adherence, implementation of all recommendations and
closing out queries.
• Lead the development and improvement of Products, their pricing, analysis, and
marketing to improve the bank’s value proposition.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with key decision-makers in chambers,
government, business associations, international businesses, international
manufacturing organizations and manufacturers associations to understand their current
and future needs and deliver suitable financial products.
• Build and maintain SLA based strategic relationships with Support and enabling
functions within the organization to enable timely and appropriate service to clients.
• Promote and maintain the highest standards of customer service in order to maximize
the returns from existing relationships and attract new business from targeted
• Post Graduate Qualification in Accounting & Finance, Economics, Business
Administration, or related fields
• 10 years+ experience in Corporate and Institutional Banking; at least 5 years in a
Senior role in Corporate Banking or Credit Risk.
• Deep knowledge of corporate banking principles, methodologies, and practices
• Sound overall financial markets understanding
• Strong business, financial and accounting acumen
• Deal-making skills
• Detailed Credit skills and understanding
• Comprehensive risk management skills encompassing the governance, risk, and
• Strategic thinking, flexing and implementation
• Solution-focused, creative, and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
• Displays high levels of executive maturity, with an ability to influence, negotiate and
• Superb networking and stakeholder engagement skills
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Highly analytical and attentive to detail combined with an ability to think laterally and
• Proactive and Self driven